Welcome!

Echo of the Past documents my journey in rediscovering my roots after my last computer was destroyed and I lost the 10,000 names on my family tree.

I'm an ethnic mutt. My background is varied and the world is small; it's likely that my research will help somebody, somewhere, so please feel free to use me as a source if need be.

Feedback is more than welcome, and I read any and all comments I get. I'm also up for trading links. If you're interested, email me at: PrettySiren@gmail.com with "link request" as the subject line. (Genealogy and history sites/blogs only please.)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Beginner's Guide to Tracing Genealogy: First Steps and Tips for Interviewing Relatives about Genealogy

Okay, so one of the most difficult questions any new genealogist asks themselves is: how do I get started.

I wrote two articles at Quazen to address the matter.

The first is called A Beginner's Guide to Tracing Genealogy: First Steps. As the title suggests, I address the very first steps any new genealogist needs to take to discover their roots. Applying those steps is KEY to getting started.

The second is called Tips for Interviewing Relatives About Genealogy and is a little bit more advanced than the first. Again, the title is self-descriptive, but I wrote it with very simple tips in mind -- things that have helped me out in interviewing OTHER people's families in my genealogical quests.

So yeah, if you're confused, take a look: hopefully I was able to shed a light on some things. And, as always, if you have any questions, comments are more than welcome.

No comments: